Be on lookout - We're rolling out our biggest application update yet!
The update will hit Android phones first, then the iPhone will follow shortly after. This is a major update that we recommend downloading as soon as it’s available, or be sure to enable your apps to automatically update (here's how: Apple, Android).
What’s changing within the app?
Look & Feel
- New brand identity, company logo, and app icon
- New skin, colors, sleek & modern design
- New intuitive layout and button locations
- Pause and resume recording feature
- Flip front and rear camera view while recording
- Reference timer count down from two minutes
- Stitch archived videos to new recording
- New Upload Status Page shows time remaining and status of current and recent uploads
- Required landscape mode for all recordings, say goodbye to portrait boxing
What’s changing on the technical side?
“Were completely revamping and improving the way we handle and upload videos from phones to the Authntk servers. The biggest pain-point for customers has been uploading high resolution video files. This update addresses upload issues, and positions us to better handle the high quality videos that mobile devices are recording now. Most importantly, all of these improvements will allow us to make more frequent and efficient updates going forward.” - John Colban, Authntk Operations Manager
The update offers improved reliability in the uploading and processing of longer and high resolution videos. This will dramatically decrease upload failures and video backlogging.
We’ve improved and expanded our Amazon Web Server to better handle video files. In the last year including this update, we’ll have gone from a t2.medium to a t2.xlarge server - more space and more power.
Be prepared to see improved upload speeds, and in the event that something were to go wrong the application will be equipped with more desirable error messages. These messages will communicate detailed information to the user regarding the problem.
What’s not changing?
- Log in process and credentials
- All stored data and videos
- No added steps
- Simplicity and ease of use
- Accessibility to customer service
The updated application will certainly look and feel different, but our core values are still the same. We understand how important a quick process is to our customers and therefore, simplicity and ease of use still remain at the center of our application.