According to a recent article in Automotive News, "Want to sell a vehicle? Attach a video", "Videos sell cars." But how do you institutionalize it? Just like everything else you do to be successful in this business, it takes a little bit of work, but if you're willing to put in some effort, you will see results! Here's a five-step video process to help your dealership do the right thing, the right way, every time.
- Decide who in the dealership will be responsible for new leads that come in through the web. Typically, the ISM heads up capturing of inbound leads, but any number of people can be tapped for this effort. The key is to make sure that your inbound team knows to send a video to every lead that comes in. That's how it becomes a process.
- Who is responsible for sending video - everyone in the dealership, or just one person? What’s the game plan? You need to have a process to get the inbound lead over to the person shooting the video, so that they can respond quickly. Time is of the essence.
- Decide what type of video the inquiring customer should get. Would they most appreciate a walkaround of the vehicle they are interested in? Or would they benefit more from a quick intro from someone on the team?
- Go out and shoot! If they are interested in a specific vehicle, go out on the lot and shoot that vehicle. Or shoot several vehicles that are the specified make and model. Or show them the fleet of the brand they are interested in – whatever you think would make them want to come in and learn more.
- The video goes out automatically.
Compare this with what your competitors are doing; they just sent out a canned, spammy email. Meanwhile, you’re standing out because you sent a personalized, real video of the exact car they were interested in.
That’s it! The whole process takes less than 5 minutes! All that’s left is your normal follow up routine.
When everyone who inquires gets a personalized video – not one of those cheesy, canned, stitched-together videos – they experience your dealership as refreshingly different. They see you as someone who is willing to take a few minutes and send them something they weren’t expecting and will be wowed by.
It pays to outwork the competition!
So invest a few minutes in your video process. A significant return on that investment is just around the corner. Visit WalkaroundVideos.com to learn more.